View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0006269||The Dark Mod||GUI||public||11.03.2023 13:34||11.03.2023 13:34|
|Product Version||TDM 2.11|
|Summary||0006269: Disabled pop-up message GUIs still briefly appear|
|Description||This is referring to this feature: https://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Popup_messages|
If you disable a message using atdm:target_message_disable and then trigger the message, you briefly see the GUI flicker on the screen.
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Add a atdm:gui_message entity to a map and fill in some message text|
2. Set up a trigger_multiple which targets the atdm:gui_message entity
3. Set up atdm:target_message_disable entity which also targets the atdm:gui_message entity
4. Set up a trigger_once that targets the atdm:target_message_disable entity
5. launch the map, and walk through the trigger_once that disables the message
6. now walk through the trigger_multiple. The GUI portion of the message will briefly flicker on the screen.
|Additional Information||This isn't a problem if you just have a single pop-up triggered by a single trigger_once. But anything more complicated than that it's an issue. |
In my setup (which I imagine isn't that uncommon), I have a message that's displayed only once when you get to a certain location, but there are multiple entry points to that location (so multiple triggers for the message). After it's displayed once I disable it (using trigger_relays). If you then run over one of the other triggers, you get the GUI flicker.
|Tags||No tags attached.|