View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002787||The Dark Mod||Feature proposal||public||21.06.2011 14:37||08.10.2017 18:31|
|Product Version||TDM 1.06|
|Target Version||TDM 1.07||Fixed in Version||TDM 1.07|
|Summary||0002787: Complete Vine Arrow|
|Description||90% of the vine arrow is in place. Need to complete the remaining 10%.|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
What was already done:
1. Arrow icon.
2. Arrow model that attaches to the bow.
3. Arrow projectile.
4. Script to turn a vine arrow surface collision into a patch of vines that can be climbed.
5. Pick up a vine arrow.
6. Don’t allow vines to grow on flat surfaces.
What needed to be done:
1. Add the vine arrow to the weapon set in the slot after the moss arrow. The player needs to assign the “0” key to the vine arrow, but on new installs it comes pre-assigned in DoomConfig.cfg.
2. Randomize growth in a more natural-looking sequence. Growth should favor the forward direction of the arrow, which allows players to create growth up, down, or across surfaces.
3. Allow vine arrows in the shop.
4. Hit a vine patch with a water arrow and it should grow, like moss does. Though the design discussion said to limit this to 1 arrow, allow multiple arrows. Water should stimulate growth in the vines near where it hits. A vine piece can only be stimulated once. Limit the number of pieces in the same vine family that can be stimulated by a water stim to 2, to keep down overgrowth. (Each spawns 2 vine pieces, so watering adds at most 4 new pieces.)
5. Restrict the materials a vine can grow on.
6. Pick and implement a sound for a failed arrow hit.
7. Pick a growing sound for each vine piece.
8. (Springheel) Change model to allow more random growth patterns. The new model needs to be climbable.
9. Failed arrow hits should not destroy the arrow. It should be retrievable.
10. Keep failed arrows from sticking in patches.
11. Prevent vines from growing in water.
12. Add vine arrows to the misc prefabs.
13. Add vine arrows to the startmap.
What wasn’t done:
1. Don’t let the player stand on the top of vines. This will not be done now, since it’s important to find out how letting the player travel above the top of a climbing surface ties in with climbing off the top of a ladder.
Climbing is smoother.
|21.06.2011 14:37||grayman||New Issue|
|21.06.2011 14:37||grayman||Status||new => assigned|
|21.06.2011 14:37||grayman||Assigned To||=> grayman|
|01.07.2011 03:45||grayman||Note Added: 0003905|
|01.07.2011 03:45||grayman||Status||assigned => resolved|
|01.07.2011 03:45||grayman||Resolution||open => fixed|
|01.07.2011 03:45||grayman||Fixed in Version||=> TDM 1.07|
|18.10.2011 21:16||grayman||Note Added: 0004081|
|08.10.2017 18:31||nbohr1more||Relationship added||related to 0000626|