View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0000338||DarkRadiant||Map Editing||public||26.07.2007 15:29||09.11.2007 19:11|
|Fixed in Version||0.9.4|
|Summary||0000338: Select Complete Tall and Select Inside not selecting some func_statics|
|Description||Or at least that's what seems to be going on.|
Open snow.map, drag a box over the entire sitting area, and use Select Complete Tall. Alternately, surround the room with a box and perform Select Inside. In both cases, the couch, chairs, and a few other func_statics with model assignments are not selected. On the other hand, a newly created func_static brush selects fine. Not sure what's going on here, but something's definitely wrong, and it worked in the past, so I assume relatively recent change is causing this.
Select partial tall (shift-drag) does not seem to be affected.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
I just went to try a prefab request on the boards, and when it wasn't working, I looked a bit closer and realized what was going on - it wasn't selecting the model (in this case a candle). So it's not just func_statics -- apparently it can also include e.g., moveable_base, and who knows what else.
In test/torch, select complete tall over one of the candles near the north side of the map. The candle models are not selected. More strangely, and I haven't figured out what's going on here yet: hide all parts of a candle except the candle model. Now, do select complete tall over that candle model. While the model is not selected, it does display the dimensions info (x-size, y-size, coords). So, maybe it is selecting the origin, or some kind of non-displayed hull, but not the model?
Request that the importance of this be bumped up - I for one use select complete tall exclusively.
Edit: I think I see why it is showing the dimensions info -- select complete tall is still selecting the CM, even though it is hidden! So I guess that's another problem.
Edit 2: I'll track the dimensions issue separately, because it seems like a completely different problem. (0000363)
|Fixed in SVN. The AABBs were wrongly calculated for models and func_statics due to my recent changes concerning the CurveNURBS editing support.|
I had to make some changes to the fix I made to resolve this issue. There is a small chance that I broke something again, so please test this once more. Thanks!
New snapshot is on FTP, btw.
|26.07.2007 15:29||SneaksieDave||New Issue|
|26.07.2007 15:33||SneaksieDave||Description Updated|
|26.07.2007 16:09||greebo||Status||new => confirmed|
|26.07.2007 16:09||greebo||Status||confirmed => acknowledged|
|11.10.2007 15:39||SneaksieDave||Note Added: 0000757|
|11.10.2007 15:39||SneaksieDave||Status||acknowledged => feedback|
|11.10.2007 15:41||SneaksieDave||Note Edited: 0000757|
|11.10.2007 15:46||SneaksieDave||Note Edited: 0000757|
|11.10.2007 16:01||SneaksieDave||Note Edited: 0000757|
|11.10.2007 16:17||greebo||Status||feedback => assigned|
|11.10.2007 16:17||greebo||Assigned To||=> greebo|
|11.10.2007 17:30||greebo||Status||assigned => resolved|
|11.10.2007 17:30||greebo||Fixed in Version||=> latest SVN|
|11.10.2007 17:30||greebo||Resolution||open => fixed|
|11.10.2007 17:30||greebo||Note Added: 0000762|
|11.10.2007 19:12||SneaksieDave||Status||resolved => closed|
|11.10.2007 19:12||SneaksieDave||Note Added: 0000764|
|09.11.2007 14:20||greebo||Assigned To||greebo => SneaksieDave|
|09.11.2007 14:20||greebo||Note Added: 0000849|
|09.11.2007 14:20||greebo||Status||closed => feedback|
|09.11.2007 14:20||greebo||Resolution||fixed => reopened|
|09.11.2007 14:20||greebo||Relationship added||related to 0000388|
|09.11.2007 14:31||greebo||Note Edited: 0000849|
|09.11.2007 19:11||SneaksieDave||Note Added: 0000857|
|09.11.2007 19:11||SneaksieDave||Status||feedback => closed|
|09.11.2007 19:11||SneaksieDave||Resolution||reopened => fixed|
|09.11.2007 19:11||SneaksieDave||Fixed in Version||0.9.3 => 0.9.4|