View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004907||The Dark Mod||Sound System||public||08.12.2018 17:32||21.04.2021 02:35|
|Product Version||TDM 2.07|
|Summary||0004907: Make OpenAL settings more configurable inside TDM|
|Description||Right now most of the options are hard to enable/disable:|
1) Enabling/disabling EFX requires restarting game. This is quite weird: I guess it is easy to allow enabling/disabling it on the fly, especially given that reloadSounds already reloads EFX file in-game.
2) Enabling/disabling HRTF is only possible from outside of TDM (in alsoft.ini). However, it can be configured when creating OpenAL device using OpenAL-Soft extensions. See this one:
3) Allow choosing HRTF dataset in-game. This probably needs a specialized GUI screen and recommendations. Also it is necessary to know if it is OK for TDM to distribute IRCAM datasets.
4) Allow choosing sound device in-game. Right now the default device is used, and the only option to get away from default is to set a cvar before starting TDM. I have Windows in Russian, and device names are all in UTF-8, so they are very hard to specify in TDM console.
5) Make sure s_restart reinitializes everything, so that if you plug in headphones they get used afterwards (now restarting TDM is necessary).
More likely some other options can be tweaked in-game too.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
About HRTF datasets license:
|Point 2 about HRTF done in trunk in: svn rev 8651 & svn revs 15887, 15889.|
We should add an EFX "Reverb Volume" slider that controls the "room" parameter.
If you don't get to this, I can look into it.
Dhewm has implemented this feature:
Dhewm's change doesn't appear to work in TDM ( Linux ).
I have created new issue 0005587
Dhewm has improved the initial implementation so I will try that now.
|We should not mess with the "room" parameters in EAX- thats part of what gives the illusion of standing in the room.|
I don't think it is normal to control EFX settings at all. The master slider is OK, but all the rest is not welcome.
The issue was original about more player-related things, like HRTF datasets, on/off switches, sound devices, ...
|08.12.2018 17:32||stgatilov||New Issue|
|08.12.2018 17:32||stgatilov||Status||new => assigned|
|08.12.2018 17:32||stgatilov||Assigned To||=> stgatilov|
|09.12.2018 09:10||stgatilov||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|09.12.2018 09:10||stgatilov||Severity||normal => feature|
|09.12.2018 09:12||stgatilov||Relationship added||related to 0004690|
|09.12.2018 09:13||stgatilov||Relationship added||related to 0004898|
|15.12.2018 03:19||stgatilov||Note Added: 0010921|
|16.12.2018 06:12||stgatilov||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|20.01.2019 07:19||stgatilov||Assigned To||stgatilov => STiFU|
|21.03.2020 08:50||STiFU||Assigned To||STiFU =>|
|21.03.2020 08:50||STiFU||Status||assigned => confirmed|
|21.03.2020 08:50||STiFU||Target Version||TDM 2.08 => TDM 2.09|
|28.03.2020 17:34||stgatilov||Note Added: 0012319|
|17.12.2020 02:30||nbohr1more||Target Version||TDM 2.09 => TDM 2.10|
|15.03.2021 15:47||stgatilov||Target Version||TDM 2.10 =>|
|15.03.2021 17:23||nbohr1more||Note Added: 0013792|
|12.04.2021 20:44||nbohr1more||Note Added: 0013841|
|13.04.2021 04:08||nbohr1more||Note Added: 0013842|
|13.04.2021 04:08||nbohr1more||Note Edited: 0013842||View Revisions|
|14.04.2021 03:27||nbohr1more||Relationship added||parent of 0005587|
|14.04.2021 03:28||nbohr1more||Note Added: 0013843|
|20.04.2021 19:41||kingsal||Note Added: 0013882|
|21.04.2021 02:35||stgatilov||Note Added: 0013888|