View Issue Details
|The Dark Mod
|0006273: Feature request: EFX preset spawnarg for Location Entities
|Original discussion thread: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/21797-efx-preset-spawnarg-for-location-entities/
The ask is to be able to specify EFX preset values on info_location entities directly using a spawnarg as an alternative to having to maintain an .efx file.
Things to consider:
- if EFX configuration is using a more complicated setup than just presets, the file should still be able to be used
- if a preset is specified in both the file and the info_location entity, one should take precedence (would suggest the spawnarg so it can be changed at runtime)
- could the EFX reverb be dynamically altered for a location? Currently other values like ambient sound and light can be changed at runtime using a script, but it requires leaving and re-entering the location. If investigated, then it would make sense to this to apply to ambient light and sounds as well as EFX.
- I don't know if the presence of the .efx file is responsible for some sort of initialisation of the EFX sound system - if so then need to figure out how that would work without the file.
- in the discussion thread, stgatilov mentioned implementing "cross-fading of EFX settings simultaneously"
|No tags attached.