View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0006289||The Dark Mod||Models||public||30.04.2023 11:57||22.11.2023 18:27|
|Platform||PC||OS||Windows||OS Version||10 (21H2)|
|Target Version||TDM 2.12||Fixed in Version||TDM 2.12|
|Summary||0006289: Please added the following covered models to TDM 2.12|
|Description||Models/darkmod/furniture/covered - |
The issue now is all the stock covered models are only in the root of the "models/darkmod/furniture/covered" folder unlike all the new ones I created. May I suggest that for the few missions that have the stock models, you could simple edit the map files after moving the models the relevent sub folders.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
covered_models.pk4 (1,196,291 bytes)
I will let Dragofer decide whether the asset re-org and FM fixes are worth the upheaval
In order to consolidate the two different approaches, I'd much prefer going with the folderless approach:
1) No need to repackage existing maps, with the risk of unupdated players seeing missing assets in the interim.
2) Most of the folders only have 1-3 items, so there's no real need to replicate the furniture subfolders. It also looks disorienting to me to have the same set of subfolder names in view twice as soon as you open the covered folder.
Did a check of the assets and found some issues:
A) kingsized_bed_cover.lwo lacks the bed model
B) the floor part of desk3_cover.lwo has parts that go beneath floor level, giving it a splotchy appearance. That part is also very smooth, as if it had molten rather than being cloth.
C) would be good if they had the same skins as the original models
b2.png (511,750 bytes)
Completed tasks 2, & A-C, also added the following variations to the set -
- kingsized_bed_compartment.lwo (this has the secret compartment that was made for SLL)
- desk3_covered (this is the bare desk and the cover)
bkd_covered..zip (1,675,844 bytes)
Vetting and reorganisation of additional covered furniture assets made by Bikerdude for Seeking Lady Leicester.
- moved covered models into the root of the covered folder
- removed small version of cabinet1 since its sheet had both doubled faces and a twosided, and it's easy to resize models via the editor
- removed cover-only models. If we have such models we should try to have some generic drapes instead, otherwise I don't see much value in this kind of duplication.
- merged old and new versions of the covered skin so that all covered models are included
A notable difference is that the existing covered models have shadow meshes underneath their sheets. The question is whether the missing shadows on the new covered models' sheets are noticeable.
|The uploaded .pk4 also contained a bunch of non-covered models, i.e. rescaled versions of existing furniture. I guess that's something for a separate ticket.|
|30.04.2023 11:57||Bikerdude||New Issue|
|30.04.2023 11:57||Bikerdude||File Added: covered_models.pk4|
|30.04.2023 11:58||Bikerdude||Description Updated|
|30.04.2023 11:59||Bikerdude||Fixed in Version||=> TDM 2.12|
|01.05.2023 02:35||nbohr1more||Note Added: 0016003|
|01.05.2023 02:36||nbohr1more||Relationship added||related to 0004004|
|01.05.2023 02:37||nbohr1more||Assigned To||=> nbohr1more|
|01.05.2023 02:37||nbohr1more||Status||new => resolved|
|01.05.2023 02:37||nbohr1more||Resolution||open => fixed|
|01.05.2023 02:37||nbohr1more||Product Version||=> SVN|
|01.05.2023 02:37||nbohr1more||Target Version||=> TDM 2.12|
|12.11.2023 20:26||Dragofer||Note Added: 0016173|
|12.11.2023 20:26||Dragofer||File Added: a.jpg|
|12.11.2023 20:26||Dragofer||File Added: b2.png|
|12.11.2023 20:26||Dragofer||File Added: b1.jpg|
|12.11.2023 20:27||Dragofer||Note Edited: 0016173|
|12.11.2023 20:28||Dragofer||Assigned To||nbohr1more =>|
|12.11.2023 20:28||Dragofer||Status||resolved => confirmed|
|14.11.2023 11:57||Bikerdude||Note Added: 0016175|
|14.11.2023 11:57||Bikerdude||File Added: bkd_covered..zip|
|22.11.2023 18:14||Dragofer||Assigned To||=> Dragofer|
|22.11.2023 18:14||Dragofer||Status||confirmed => resolved|
|22.11.2023 18:14||Dragofer||Note Added: 0016181|
|22.11.2023 18:27||Dragofer||Note Added: 0016183|