View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0000458||DarkRadiant||GUI||public||10.12.2007 23:43||19.01.2008 23:22|
|Fixed in Version||0.9.5|
|Summary||0000458: ESC to clear selection has lost context|
|Description||I can confirm this is at least a change from 0.92, but probably later (that's the most recent other build I have installed).|
1. Start a new map, and create some entity... a light.
2. Now go over to the entity inspector and scroll the scrollbar a bit, or selected one of the properties.
3. Hit ESC
This used to de-select the selected entity, but no longer does. At first I thought maybe it was intentional (I'd still be against it), in order to not lose the user's selection while they are working with entity properties. However,
1. that doesn't have any real use currently -- if you select a field and hit ESC, it does nothing; if you change a field and hit ESC, it doesn't undo, it does nothing.
2. de-selection of the selected entity is performed FAR more often (every time an entity is worked with, in fact), while the other possible action, aborting a change as in 0000001, would be much more rare.
3. the user must explicitly select one of the display windows to de-select -- quickly becomes annoying.
So, my guess is it is in fact a bug afterall.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|10.12.2007 23:43||SneaksieDave||New Issue|
|11.12.2007 08:35||greebo||Note Added: 0000915|
|11.12.2007 08:35||greebo||Status||new => resolved|
|11.12.2007 08:35||greebo||Fixed in Version||=> 0.9.5|
|11.12.2007 08:35||greebo||Resolution||open => fixed|
|11.12.2007 08:35||greebo||Assigned To||=> greebo|
|11.12.2007 16:42||SneaksieDave||Relationship added||related to 0000331|
|19.01.2008 23:22||SneaksieDave||Status||resolved => closed|
|27.11.2008 21:24||greebo||Relationship added||related to 0001455|