View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0005122||DarkRadiant||Selection System||public||11.01.2020 14:20||11.01.2020 16:29|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0005122: Feature: Selection by Filter|
|Description||I'd often like to select or deselect everything that belongs to a filter; at the moment I can think of these example cases:|
- if I want to check for leaks I want to show nothing but worldspawn brushes and visportals
- if I suspect there's a mistake in my AI paths I want to show nothing but paths, maybe also worldspawn brushes & monsterclip
- sometimes I also make new filters if I want to isolate & work on a certain kind of entity, i.e. speakers or func_emitters
I've devised my own technique to isolate constituents of a filter:
- set the filter to hidden
- select & hide the whole map
- set the filter to visible
I think it'd be a useful feature to be able to directly select and deselect according to filters.
Maybe it could be done by adding 2 mutually exclusive toggles beneath "Deactivate all Filters" to the filter list: "select by filter", "deselect by filter"? If one of these toggles is active, any clicks on a filter in the list will select/deselect instead of hiding/showing.
|Additional Information||A little cherry on top would be if the filters list stayed open after each click, whether showing/hiding or selecting/deselecting, and only disappeared if the mapper clicked somewhere else or on "Edit Filters". |
Would make it easier to change several filters at a time, but really it's just a small convenience.
|Tags||No tags attached.|