View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0005175||DarkRadiant||Saving and loading||public||11.03.2020 15:07||11.03.2020 15:08|
|Priority||normal||Severity||feature||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||2.8.0||Fixed in Version||2.8.0|
|Summary||0005175: Add Portable Map Format storing map and additional data in one single file|
|Description||Saving data in such a format isn't meant to be used by game engines or the likes, it's merely an interchange format which offers an alternative way of storing the map data. For compatibility reasons and since we're starting from scratch, an XML-based format is suited best.|
- A single file is easier to pass around, the .darkradiant file is often forgotten or even getting out of sync.
- When exporting and importing data to/from the clipboard, it's possible to use the portable format to enable storage of grouping and layering information alongside the map geometry (see 0005090).
- XML is extensible and can be extended without having to change existing parsers when storing new data into it
- XML can be loaded and processed by the vast majority of systems
- To possible address 0005089, prefabs could be stored in the portable format to allow for grouping information to be preserved without having to ship .darkradiant auxiliary files.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|11.03.2020 15:07||greebo||New Issue|
|11.03.2020 15:07||greebo||Assigned To||=> greebo|
|11.03.2020 15:07||greebo||Status||new => assigned|
|11.03.2020 15:08||greebo||Status||assigned => resolved|
|11.03.2020 15:08||greebo||Resolution||open => fixed|
|11.03.2020 15:08||greebo||Fixed in Version||=> 2.8.0|
|11.03.2020 15:08||greebo||Note Added: 0012255|
|11.03.2020 15:08||greebo||Relationship added||related to 0005089|
|11.03.2020 15:08||greebo||Relationship added||related to 0005090|